Guys I recently finished working on a project called TechEye for Blind People. It is a handy device for blind people which makes them aware and compatible with their surrounding.
People, who cannot see, face such difficulties every day. They depend on their other senses (touch, smell, sound and taste) to learn about the world around them. And with practice, they learn to use these senses better than people with sight.
So to help socially I designed a microcontroller based device. The device uses Ultrasonic Waves to detect obstacles around the blind person. When there is any kind of obstacle in front of the blind person holding the TechEye the Ultrasonic Sensor will detect the presence of the obstacle or any object and will produce the sound of “beep” by means of an electronic buzzer. And hence the blind person will get aware of the object.
- ATMega16 – 8 bit microcontroller.
- HC-SR-04 US Sensor – with 2cm-400cms range.
- LM7805 – 3-terminal 5V regulator IC .
- A 9V rechargeable battery.
- An electronic piezoelectric crystal buzzer.
- Push to on/ Release to off switch (for low battery consumption).
- Charging port.
- 12V regulated power supply charging adapter.